Search for atmospheres
From outside, the Hearth appears to be a modest tavern of sturdy construction, with warm light emanating from a pair of small windows on either side of the front door. Upon entering the establishment, visitors quickly realize that it’s three times more spacious on the inside.
The Hearth gained its larger dimensions courtesy of extradimensional magic created by worshipers of Gond (god of craft). An intricate clockwork device is suspended in a two-foot-diameter, faintly glowing crystal orb embedded in the ceiling over the bar. The Avowed call this device a geometric amplifier. It is the source of the magic required to maintain the integrity of the enlarged space.
The bar seats up to twenty customers, and patrons can also be seated comfortably at round tables with stout wooden chairs or at rectangular tables with benches. A dozen soft, cushy armchairs encircle the fireplace in the center of the room.
The Hearth’s patrons are a mix of fresh-faced adjutants, stodgy scholars, and eclectic guests.
Comments for "The Hearth"
License details for "The Hearth"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Bar Glasses by *)
- Pub atmosphere by Adam_N from https://freesound.org +)
- Tavern Loop 1 by Alexander Nakarada *)
- grandfather clock nk by digifishmusic from http://freesound.org +)
- Footsteps on Wooden Floor by ftpalad from http://freesound.org +)
- Page Turn by http://freesound.org/people/flag2/sounds/63318/ +)
- Chimney fire by reinsamba +)
- Pouring coffee into cup by spottywot +)
*) Soundsnap.com license