Search for atmospheres
A tavern is a place of business where people gather to drink alcoholic beverages and be served food, and in most cases, where travelers receive lodging. An inn is a tavern that has a license to put up guests as lodgers. The word derives from the Latin taberna whose original meaning was a shed, workshop, stall, or pub.
Over time, the words "tavern" and "inn" became interchangeable and synonymous. In England, inns started to be referred to as public houses or pubs and the term became standard for all drinking houses.
Comments for "Oriental Tavern"
License details for "Oriental Tavern"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Bar Glasses by *)
- Collecting glassess by By Mariusz jasionowicz - RareSound Production - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- Small Group Laughter by Ch0cchi from http://freesound.org +)
- Fireplace-1s by fire;) *)
- Quiet British Pub by Fogma from http://freesound.org +)
- Oud Music by http://www.freesound.org/people/xserra/ +)
- Dinner table ambience by Mr_Alden from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Wine Pour by Tobias_Sieben from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license