Search for atmospheres
Jungles of Chult
Chult - Jungle
It was said by many that the jungles of Chult were the most dangerous places in Faerûn. The plants were intelligent predators while the predators themselves were massive and armed with huge teeth and claws. Insects bit and stung travelers almost constantly, the heat and humidity were almost unbearable and the undergrowth contained a multitude of poisonous snakes. Worst, however, was the disease that ran rampant in the area. Most things in the jungle had some sort of illness or parasite and it was very easy to catch such illnesses off them. Even the water was tainted and had to be boiled if it was to be drunk. On top of all this, the intelligent creatures that eked out an existence in the dense foliage were perfectly happy and sometimes went out of their way, to track travelers in order to hunt them down and kill them. Yuan-ti, batiri, and other species that have learned to survive in this place needed food; adventurers would tend to suit that need nicely.
Yet those adventurers kept on coming in their droves to the Chultan jungles as rumors of endless veins of gold, huge gems and ruined empires stuffed to the brim with magic and riches kept surfacing in taverns across Faerûn and many were willing to brave the dangers of the jungle for a slice of that fabled wealth.
Comments for "Chult - Jungle"
License details for "Chult - Jungle"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- ghost eerie by Draconihype from freesound.org +)
- frog_concert_and_crickets by Glaneur de sons from http://freesound.org +)
- Hand Drums 3 by Jack Braglia [www.BlastAudioSolutions.com] +)
- bat wings flapping by Mariusz Jasionowicz - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- Maracas by robinhood76 from http://freesound.org +)
- bird flapping by Soundfxforfree from Youtube +)
- monster var A by soundsnap.com *)
- Jungle Insects by Theroy *)
*) Soundsnap.com license